Monday, August 10, 2009

Here's to you, old friend.

Recently I've discovered that life is one big numbers game. You create all sorts of online accountsso that you can add as many friends as fast as your little finger can click the mouse. Facebook, Myspace,Twitter, Livejournal, Tumblr, Blogspot; all of these are just vices to which we revolve our lives around. We're so focused on updating our accounts and collecting online friends, or uploading our music and pouringour hearts into our blogs. And in the midst of it all, we forget what it's like to actually be apart of this great, big, tangible world. Go hang out with your friends instead of instant messaging them. Go stand on a street corner and be heard if you're an aspiring musician. Have a relationship with a real person instead of your blog. In the 21st century, the idea that the only way to be successful, or popular, or heard is through the infamousworld wide web...is just plain sad. Over time we may have more cyber friends, followers, and comments. But we will also have forgotten how to interact with people face to face. I'm not ready for the world to be taken over by the internet. As of tomorrow, I'm going to start fresh. No moreMyspace, Tumblr, Twitter, and Livejournal. The one condition is that I will keep this blog for updates onhow this little experiment is going. I'm tired of wasting countless hours of the day sitting on my ass infront of a computer. I'm going to go live my fucking life. For once. Cheers.

-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment